MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
these mini chocolate chip muffins are the perfect treat to bring to a brunch, or to pack up and take to work for breakfast. this recipe features a miniature version, thanks to my favorite baking pan, which you can find here.
2 & ½ cups (308g) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (13g) baking powder
1 tsp (5g) baking soda
½ (2.5g) tsp salt
½ cup (114g) salted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup (250ml) buttermilk (whole milk can be substituted)
1 tbsp (15ml) vanilla extract
1 & ½ cups (275g) mini chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 425°F and spray your muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray. this recipe will use either one 12 c. muffin tray, or two 48 ultra-mini c. muffin trays (see above link for details)
- in a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. set aside.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. slowly add to the dry ingredients by gently folding together until just combined.
- divide the batter into the muffin cups and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then turn the oven heat down to 375°F and bake for another 5-8 min if ultra-mini muffins, or 10-13 minutes for regular muffin size.
- let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy warm.
recipe adapted from littlesweetbaker.com